Thursday, April 8, 2010

Red Poppies Painting




Well, here she is! This is the monster painting I have been working on since last week. Each panel measures 12 X 24 inches, so the combined width is over 36" when hung on the wall. As usual, photographing was difficult. We finally had some clouds roll in so I could get some outdoor pics, minus the sun shadows. I just listed it in my Etsy store. I have always wanted a red couch, and this set would look so fabulous with one! The background of the panels is really neat when you look at it up close. I used an acrylic texture paint and then did some glazing techniques. The flowers took me quite a while with all the shading!
I hope you all have a nice weekend. I finished a mixed media collage painting today and will try to get some pics of it tomorrow. I may also offer it as a print. It's a happy flower piece! See ya soon!

3 comments:

Brandon and Cari (Sellers) Murdock said...

beautiful!!! i would SO hang that in my house. great job!

Kitties & Cupcakes said...

Thanks Cari! If it doesn't sell, I just may HAVE to get a red couch to match it! lol

one-eared pig said...

Gorgeous! I love poppies!