Saturday, October 9, 2010

My favorite Cupcake Frosting Recipe!

I made some super chocolate-y cupcakes last night for a group of gals I am going antiquing with today. I had to use all of my self control to keep from licking every last bit frosting from the mixing bowl after I had finished frosting them! Here is the recipe I used....

Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting recipe:
Makes enough for 24 cupcakes (halve it if you are making a smaller batch)
16 oz cream cheese (at room temp)
1 stick of butter (or 1/2 cup at room temp)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups sifter powdered sugar
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
1 cup Ghirrardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions: Mix/beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla together until creamy and well blended. Mix in the powdered sugar, one cup at a time. Last, add cocoa powder and whipping cream and mix until well blended. This frosting can be piped on or spread with a knife. It is creamy, but stiff enough to hold shape. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Keep cupcakes refridgerated.

No comments: