Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Not enough sleep + bad depth perception + hot chocolate =
ONE GIANT CHOCOLATE-Y MESS!
Kinda looks like I let a two year old loose in my kitchen, eh? This is how my morning began. I was tired, can never really see depth well when wearing my glasses (I put in my contacts after my morning shower), and somehow managed to knock over the huge cup of hot chocolate I had just made. It was the last of my Dulce De Leche flavored Stephens too. It was such a mess, I didn't even know where to start. It is hard to tell from the pic, but the puddle on the counter was nearly 2 ft across, the one on the floor had spattered all the way to the edge of the kitchen and hallway, my cupboards were dripping with it, as were my stove and dishwasher. My pajamas are ruined, and my feet were caked in sticky chocolate. I ended up having to deal with the floor first. That entailed several moppings, and several bleachings. Getting cocoa powder stains out of white tile grout is not fun. I think all this ended up taking about an hour to deal with. After a little while had passed, it was finally laughable. So, here is a pic of my lovely mess. This is why I was a hostess at Perkins in high school, not a waitress. LOL!