Sunday, November 8, 2009

All in all, it was a good weekend!



My only sister got married when I was 12, so I spent a lot of time being, what seemed like, an "only child." Therefore, I learned at an early age to keep myself busy. I enjoy being around others, but I never get bored by myself. My husband was out of town for the past 4 days. I went shopping by myself for some new fall clothes. I went to a new craft store and got some fun supplies. I watched Twilight for the 3rd time (yes, I am pathetic) while eating chocolate ice cream. I finished a 3 piece painting, cleaned the house, cleaned the car and got an oil change, and even managed to go through my sock & underwear drawer and get rid of old stuff. I magically found time for a nap. All in all, it was a good weekend. I did my best to keep my mind off of the news. So many bad things had happened this week and I could feel myself slipping into a dark place. There are very many angry people in the world. It is impossible not to occasionally be angry BUT how we deal with that anger is what's important. People these days immediately act on their feelings without thought of consequence or caring for others. We really need to stop and ask ourselves if we are treating others as we want to be treated. My thoughts and prayers go out to those that lost family and friends in the Fort Hood and Orlando shootings last week.
Anyways, painting always helps me get my mind off things. I hope you all had a good weekend. Here's the Triptych painting called "Chocolate Circles" that I listed in my Etsy store tonight.

2 comments:

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Glad you had a nice weekend. Those are the colors in my bedroom, brown and teal. Love the painting!

Lori Ramotar said...

I am seriously beginning to wonder if we were separated at birth. LOL I have the same colors in my bedroom too. ( :