Sunday, April 12, 2009

Back from vacation in Key West








We just returned early Easter afternoon, and after several loads of laundry, catching up with the kitties (who were extremely starved for attention), and a short nap, I finally am sitting down to blog. We had a pretty good time, though I don't think I was able to sleep very well. We slept in this morning before leaving, so that was nice. We went to the Ernest Hemingway house, did a lot of walking and looking at art galleries, had our fill of Key Lime Pie (the Blonde Giraffe has the best if you ever go there), took a trolley tour, visited the Key West Butterfly Conservatory, Ripley's Believe It Or Not, and enjoyed the stray chickens/roosters when they weren't waking us up at 5am with their cock-a-doodle-dooing. Here are a few picks of the butterflies, the ocean, the Hemingway house and its kitties, and Pudgie...who tried to stow away to Key West in Rob's luggage.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it looks like a ton of fun, I'm so jealous I've always wanted to go to Key West. I've been trying to talk the hubs into taking some time off to go. I'll do it yet!