Saturday, June 28, 2008

Random thoughts...

The storm I wrote about the other day was mentioned in the newspaper today. Apparently, 3 homes in our city were struck by lightening, which resulted in fires. The storm generated from 500 to 750 cloud-to-ground lightning strikes. I am glad I got home when I did! We saw some pretty crazy lightening today coming back from the Palm Beach Gardens Mall. It was our first time there. It's very nice, but there are definitely a lot of stores I would never shop at, even if I was a millionaire. For example, can someone please explain to me why anyone in their right mind would spend $1200 on a Louis Vuitton purse? First, they are plain and ugly. Second, it is stupid to worry that much about status. Third, it doesn't even give you status, because everyone and their grandmother has a fake replica and no one gets close enough to tell the difference anyway. Lastly, I would much rather have my favorite green leather purse (which I get compliments on all the time and only paid $11 for after using a coupon at JCPenney's) and have $1189.00 in my purse to spend on things I actually need.
Okay, enough about that. Something I enjoyed spending my money on today? The Chocolate Stampede dessert at LongHorn Restaurant. It was one of the few desserts I couldn't finish. It was a moist, dense chocolate cake, with a think layer of chocolate mousse, fudge, chocolate shavings, and accompanied by vanilla ice cream. If you ever go there, you HAVE to try it. Make sure you have someone to share it with though...it is gargantuan. Heck, I don't even think it would have fit inside that $1200 purse! Hope ya'll had a nice Saturday!

No comments: