Thursday, June 26, 2008

The season of storms...

It is obviously hurricane season now, but what some people may not realize about Florida, is that not only do we have to worry about one of those bad boys hitting us at any time between now and Thanksgiving, but we have nasty storms nearly every day. Sometimes they are short...about half and hour to an hour. Today, it has been super nasty all day. I saw it was getting ugly out and went to run my post office errand. On the way home, the psycho cloud to ground lightening started, and one was directly in front of my car. We have windows all over in our house, the winds were getting horrible, and the warning alarms kept going off, so I trapped my fat kitty in the bathroom with me (our small, neurotic one was under the king size bed, way beyond reach) and she and I spent most of the afternoon in the bathroom. I fell asleep on the floor and woke up to her pawing at my arm, trying to wake me up. I am sure she was thinking, "Hey Mom...why did you lock me in here with no food or toilet?" I am sure she was more worried about the food. We got Rob's old laptop working with in home wireless finally, so at least I can get on the internet without being plugged into the wall when it is storming. Our friends had their computer toasted by lightening last year. Well, hope the weather is better where you are.

No comments: