Thursday, June 26, 2008

Saved by the alarm...

Do you ever have one of those super stressful dreams/nightmares, only to be saved by your alarm? I had one of those this morning and actually awoke and said, "Thank goodness!"

I was going to be in some kind of singing competition, similar to American Idol, in front of a lot of people. I had been told what my song was to be days before and had been practicing it and having my costume made (which for some odd reason was supposed to resemble a mermaid...but was actually pink sparkly tight pants with fins that attached at the feet. Oh, and a coconut bra. Can't forget that part). Well, some guy (Simon Cowell wannabe) shows up and asks if I am ready to perform "You Must Love Me" from Evita. That was NOT the song they had said I was going to sing earlier in the week, and I was going live in 5 minutes. I was frantically searching through a songbook, looking for the lyrics. I knew the tune, and the refrain, but couldn't get past the first line, "Where do we go from here?"
I was being ushered on stage in my mermaid costume, sitting in a bathtub, flipping through the songbook when my alarm went off.
When I woke up, I wondered if Brooke White has this nightmare too? I felt horrible for her when she forgot the lines on Idol, and my crazy subconscious must have saved it up to later taunt me. Good grief.
Have a nice Thursday!

No comments: