Friday, October 3, 2008

Too much cake syndrome

Oh, if only the sweet tooth really did exist! I would have my husband (who just so happens to be a dentist) pull the dang thing right out of my mouth! Seriously, I have a serious sugar problem. I am finally over my illness from last night which resulted from eating too much chocolate cake, which led to a not so happy belly, and a night of insomnia. I even had one of those fun episodes where you are half asleep and you can't move your body or mouth. I laid in bed for what seemed like minutes trying to yell Rob's name, and all that came out was a gurgle. It was pretty terrifying. My kitty heard me and came to the rescue. LOL!

I didn't get a chance to post pictures of the offending cupcakes, but I will in a day or so. In the meantime, here is the recipe I used and it was the best cake I have made so far (not completely from scratch, mind you).
1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix ( I found one that was made with Splenda instead of sugar, and it was great)
Follow the normal instructions to add the Eggs (I used egg beaters), oil, and water.
I then added 1 heaping tablespoon of Hershey's Dark Cocoa Powder to the mix and
4 teaspoons of McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice.
I mixed as instructed on the box, then folded in half a bag of Nestle Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips.
You can use whatever kind of icing you want, but I chose a whipped vanilla and topped them with Halloween sprinkles : Purple sugar sprinkles with Black & Orange little "ball" sprinkles on top.

Just don't do what I did and eat your self sick. There is still some sitting in the kitchen right now calling my name. Stupid cake.

No comments: