Saturday, November 8, 2008

My Eyes, My Eyes!

Well, as of yesterday, I have developed yet another lovely allergy....to my mascara. I have noticed some slight puffiness and itchiness the past week or so, and chalked it up to my normal hayfever which never seems to go away here in Florida. Too many things blooming all the time here. Go figure. My eyelash line itched a few days ago, but I had forgotten about that. Then yesterday evening, I got a hive on one eyelid right at bedtime, which turned into a swollen eyelid. As I started to remove my mascara, it started immediately on the other eye, even worse. I took a Zyrtec, and after an hour, there were getting worse. Rob is out of town and I thought for sure I was going to be stuck by myself in the house with my eyes swollen shut. I took a Benadryl and it helped more. They are still swollen this morning, but not as badly as last night. I will have to go sans eye makeup for a few days (GASP!) and will be searching for two brands I found online that are supposed to be okay for people with mascara allergies. I use waterproof usually, and have read that it may be an adhesive, colorant, or paraben that is causing it. Seeing as I also developed an allergy to bandaid adhesive this year, I am guessing it to be the adhesive in the mascara. The two brands I am on the look out for are Jane Iredale Pure Lash and Suncoat Natural Mascara. At least I know they sell Pure Lash at my dermatologist office. The price will be an issue I am sure. Darn my thin blonde, mishapen lashes! Darn them!

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Hi. It's me, Kayla Birch. I was on Etsy.com and I searched what shops were in Port Saint Lucie and I saw your shop, Embrace. I really was impressed by your work and then I saw your bead shop. I was thinking that I want to do what you do once I get older. If you ever need help labeling your products or anything like that I would be happy to help. I'm also pretty good with computers. What you do seems like alot of fun. I would love to help you.

Check out my blog: my-day-diary.blogspot.com

Thanks

Unknown said...

Hey Kayla! You're a sweetie! I am amazed at how many people know about Etsy. I will keep you in mind if I need help! I am off to check out your blog....