Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Introducing Alicia Helsley of Fat Daddy Sweets...



I was recently introduced online to Alicia Helsley of Fat Daddy Sweets. She is such a sweet person, and I wanted to share with you a little about her and her business. Take a look at those Raspberry Truffles! Yum!
Here's her bio, and you can click HERE to visit her website, www.fatdaddysweets.com

"As far back as I can remember being in the kitchen watching my mom and grandma cooking and baking. When I was about 9, they started teaching me how to do everything they did. As I got older, I was always the one in the kitchen, especially near the holidays when I would bake up a bunch of goodies to share with family and friends. Then in November of 2008, I attended a cookie exchange party with a group of local moms. A couple of weeks later, one of my friends sent me an email that I needed to sell my goodies. I started my Etsy shop in December of 2008, and started with cookies and other baked goods, it was when I started adding the candies that things really took off.

In March of 2009, I was contacted by Martha Stewart Weddings, who wanted to have my truffles in an article they were doing.

I truly enjoy creating new chocolates to share with my customers, the best part is seeing the look of genuine pleasure that crosses someone's face when they taste my creations. I look forward to creating more in the years to come!"

No comments: