Thursday, January 7, 2010

Introducing lampwork artist Elizabeth Wait of BetsyBeads!





Elizabeth Wait makes gorgeous glass lampwork beads that have a very organic, yet ethereal look to them. Some of them look as if little universes are trapped beneath the layers of shimmering glass. I've chosen two photos to share with you. If you would like to see more of her work, you can visit her Etsy store!

Here's a little about Betsy (like many other artists she is an animal lover!):

"I retired from my day job several years ago when my son had graduated from high school, and now enjoy being able to work from my nice studio that my nephews made from enclosing our porch. I share my studio with my ferrets, cats and my Pip dog, who's favorite spot in the morning is sitting in my chair, wedged between my back and the chair back, while I read the news and email.

There are still lots of things I would like to explore with glass, and I've been getting the urge to do some pen & ink drawing, and painting, and quilting, and, oh, did I mention I bought an embroidery machine?"

1 comment:

rosebud101 said...

Betsy is a fabulous artist!