Monday, September 8, 2008

Ike took a Hike

Thank goodness! We keep having these super scary looking hurricanes that appear to be headed for us over and over again, and amazingly another one has been steered in another direction. Supposedly, Josephine was right behind Ike, but she seems to have disappeared or fizzled out. We have actually had some nice weather, and little rain for this time of year. Still hot and muggy though. This weekend wasn't anything spectacular. Rob had a bunch of church stuff to catch up on, so he spent all morning and up till about 2pm working on that. We then went and had a late lunch, early dinner at Olive Garden and went to a movie after that. I had a church lesson to prepare so I worked some more on that when we got home and then watched some TV. I did manage to clean the whole house Sat. morning though.

Yesterday after church we went to one of Rob's co-worker's house for dinner. They are from Romania, so we got to sample some traditional Romanian food. I have to admit, I was a bit terrified. When I looked up dishes online, some included pickled fish (which I know my mother is allergic to..so I probably am too), Cow tongue, intestines, and pork "jelly." Thankfully, they didn't fix anything really odd. In fact, it was really good. I don't remember the name of it, and even if I could, I wouldn't be able to pronounce it correctly.

I have a lot of business stuff to catch up on that I am behind on, so hopefully I will get some stuff done today. Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

No comments: