Saturday, February 21, 2009

Movie review: New in Town

Rob and I went to Vero Beach and saw the movie "New in Town" today. I don't think it got rave reviews and wasn't a huge money maker, but being that it is about a big city corporate girl from Miami who ends up overseeing a food processing plant in New Ulm, MN, we found it highly amusing. I loved the exaggerated Minnesota accents, the tapioca references (my mother in Wisconsin makes the BEST), the actress who played Blanche (who was also the wife of Edgar in Men in Black), and all the silly things she encounters up north. I think Rob and I found it a little more funny than some of the other people in the theater because we are from Minnesota. It was a cute, funny movie with a nice story line. I am not a huge Renee Z. fan, but love Harry Connick Jr. My dad works in the meat processing industry, and I think he and my mother would find the movie pretty funny.
I have started to look into taking some classes in town for graphic design/computer art. The college that offers it is clear on the other side of town ( about a half hour away) and I have no idea what the cost is, but he and I both agree that since I can't seem to find a job right now, it would be a good idea to look into increasing my skills. The same university is in Orlando, so if we move, I can finish it up there. With no children on the way yet, and hitting a brick wall with my artwork in this economy, I feel the need to do something. Gaining more knowledge is always a good thing.
So, that's about it for now. I will keep you updated. I am off to bed so I can be well rested for church tomorrow. Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

No comments: