Thursday, July 17, 2008

Is it Friday already?

This week has gone by fast, but hasn't been without its long, drawn-out trials. I think we could use a vacation about now. We can't really take a rain check on our current trials though, so we enjoyed some chicken wings and donuts tonight as a treat, and that is as close to a vacation as we are going to get. I consider it a 10 minute mental health vacation. Eat one donut and call me in the morning. Actually, it is only a 5 minute mental health vacation for Rob, as he eats twice as fast as me. We have actually timed it.
I highlighted Cari's hair today and it turned out pretty well. We were both freaking out, thinking she was going to end up with orange streaks at first, but they were no where near orange. Home hair experiments can be pretty scary. I am not much of a risk-taker by nature, so I guess this is where my "wild" side shows. I dyed mine back to its original color, after deciding I didn't want to deal with highlight touch-ups every month.
The new Batman movie comes out this weekend, but I can't decide if I am excited to see it or not. After watching about half an hour of the last one on TV tonight, I got bored, and sort of annoyed with the acting. One thing that bothers me is how Bruce Wayne has a completely different voice than when he changes into Batman. He goes from normal, to "throaty." That must have messed with Christian Bale's vocal chords in a major way. Wonder if he ever got the voices confused and used them for the wrong character.
Anyway, enough rambling. This tired puppy is off to bed. Hope you have a nice weekend!

No comments: