Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Things I have learned today....

I like to listen to this radio station during the day that has random tidbits of information and factoids. It helps me retain some brain cells through-out the day at least.
Things I learned today:
1. A study was done involving the scent of vanilla. There was a group of women who wore vanilla scented patches, and apparently it was easier for them to lose weight. The receptors in the brain were tricked by the vanilla scent into thinking their sweet tooth craving had been satisfied, making them less likely to eat sugary snacks.

2. Smelling cinnamon helps one to concentrate.

3. Chronic loss of sleep can lead to heart problems/disease and shorten your life.

On that note, I will be heading to bed. I didn't sleep well again last night. I really need to go get the sleep study done I was referred to do last year. I didn't have insurance at the time, so had to pass. I am pretty sure I have a sleeping disorder and/or chronic fatigue syndrome. So, off to bed I go. Hope ya'll are having a nice week.

No comments: