Monday, August 4, 2008

Slowly but surely....

...I am losing my mind. I turn 31 this week, so maybe I can just blame it on that. I just made an idiot of myself in the grocery store. This isn't the first time it has happened, I admit, but I got CAUGHT this time. First, I have to explain how this came to be. I HATE going down isles with a cart. There are always a gazillion people all standing around with their mouths hanging open, with no clue as to what they are buying. They pay no attention to the fact that you just want to grab your soup and get the heck out of that isle, and on to the next. I loathe grocery shopping and try to get in and out as fast as possible. So, I park my cart at the end of the isle, grab what I need and return to my cart. Cuts my shopping time in half. No kidding.
Well, today, since I am losing my mind....I put my stuff (a huge bag of cat food and some TP) in someone else's cart and took off with it. I park it and go to get something and hear a lady with a thick New York accent freaking out and telling a guy wearing a hair net that her cart is missing.
"How could it have just disappeared! Some one took all my food! " she was hollering frantically.
It was at that moment, that it occurred to me that since I am losing my mind, I was probably involved. I looked into my cart. "I didn't buy any salad..why is there salad in my cart?" I thought to myself....then realized the only thing in the cart that was mine was the cat food and TP. I apologized to the lady, informed her I was losing my mind and went off in the other direction as fast as my little legs could carry me, so I wouldn't be in her midst when I busted out laughing. I was still giggling to myself when I got to the cashier.
Maybe I need to tie a really gaudy, bright colored bow on my cart next time like older people do to their cars so they know where they have parked. Or I could get one of those happy face ball thingies and attach it to a giant antenna on the cart.....

1 comment:

DaKing said...

HAHA This story makes me laugh. I have often thought of going into the store and just taking someone's cart who has food I like to cut down on shoping time....